Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good design. Better price.









I don't know how up to date I am with this, but I recently discovered Warby Parker-- a company that designs and manufactures affordable, well designed eyeglasses.  I am a huge fan of eyewear (even though I am a dedicated contact lens wearer- go figure) and was so excited to see the $95 price tag.  And it includes lenses!!  This will make you think twice about buying "regular" priced frames again (not that you didn't think twice already with the usual $300 tag).

They must be making the frames out of really cheap materials and using child labor, right?  Nope!  Apparently eyeglasses are so expensive because the industry is controlled by a few very large industries.  Why does this never surprise me?  Read their story here.  And like Toms Shoes, every pair you buy, they donate one to someone in need.  Too good to be true?  Yes... Why?  Because they are so popular all their "home try-on" frames are exhausted so I can't try any on!!! ugh.

Their "home try-on" option enables you to try on five different frames (free of shipping charges!) at home for seven days.  Maybe if I can get my hands on a pair of these I won't have to wear contacts anymore... Warby Parker, please increase your inventory.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer,
    Thanks so much for your kind words. If you have any questions about Warby Parker, don't hesitate to reach out - neil@warbyparker.com.

    -Neil Blumenthal (one of the founders)

    ReplyDelete