Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Please stop.

Dear New York,

Why must you be so good to me but so bad for my wallet?  For instance, this prime example below:

photo from Racked (nyc)

Here, I present to you No. 8a.  The third store opened by those who brought you Project No. 8 and Various Projects bring New Yorkers (and non New Yorkers alike) a gift shop filled with things they would actually buy... Move over Chinatown.  Located in the Ace Hotel, No. 8a sells a well curated stock of unusual New York ephemera and designer New York duds.  Perfect for out of town visitors... which I have four of this week!

Sort of reminds me of the always reliable, always interesting, always amazing Kiosk which features and sells an ever changing array knick knacks and common objects found in different countries around the world. 

Oh, I love useless things.  But are they really useless?  They enrich my life.  I think that is enough to ask of for an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment