Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Find of the day


Just wanted to show you my find of the day.
Not many people know, but I collect shot glasses.  It all started long, long ago when I was but a little girl.  My dad brought home from Atlanta (during the Olympics in Atlanta... circa 1995?) a "tiny cup."  From that day on, I bought "tiny cups" from wherever I visited and asked my friends going to foreign places to bring me back a cup.  It wasn't until much later did I realize they were shot glasses.  And it wasn't until much, much later that I started collecting "nice" shot glasses.  

I have about 60+ cheesy glasses that say the name of the location and feature a clip art representation of the area.  But then, one day, a friend of mine brought me back a beautiful hand blown glass from Murano, Italy... Before then, I never even thought to buy shot glasses because of shape, color, or design... just whatever I could find at the airport souvenir shop.  

The three specimens above are great.  The tiny shot glasses, probably for vodka? have silver on the edge and are just so cute.  I couldn't resist.  But the real beauty, the No. 5 Whiskey is definitely hand blown and feels great in your hand.  The glass is uniformly thin, even at the base.  That's all I can say about it.  It's my new favorite.  And only two dollars!  

1 comment:

  1. http://www.pre-pro.com/midacore/view_glass.php?sid=RRP266

    ReplyDelete